TCL is one of the fastest growing landscape services, estate management and play space providers in the UK. We are committed to transforming the environments where people live, learn, work and play as well as the success of the organisations that own and operate them.
We are recruiting for a Play Equipment Spares and Repairs Manager, based at our Midlands office, in Chapel Brampton, Northampton, who will take on responsibility for the scheduling of inspections, reviewing completed inspection reports and actioning findings, assessing ‘within warranty’ requirements and scheduling the installation of spare parts or repairing outdoor play equipment.
You will be joining a nationally based company with a long history of designing, installing, inspecting and repairing outside play equipment that can be in school playgrounds, nurseries, academies, parks, leisure centres, holiday parks, housing estates as well as many other locations.
Best suited to this opportunity would be an RPII Operational Inspector who understands what the repair team need to do, the time it should take and have the ability to schedule a high number of projects or having repaired / installed play equipment so have the hands on experience as well as excellent administration, scheduling, planning and IT skills.
You will have the support of an administrator within this role along with both directly employed and a sub-contracted teams who will carry out the inspections, repairs and replacing of damaged / faulty parts. As the Team Manager you will have responsibility for managing the function for the Company in what will be mostly an office based position.
This job will see you :
· Scheduling Play Area Inspections across the UK.
· Reviewing Inspection Reports and quoting for items required etc.,
· Where the play equipment is under warranty assessing what is required and scheduling the work.
· On receipt of a Spares or Repairs request, assessing parts needed, labour costs and scheduling work.
The skills and experience you will need will include :
· A strong background of either inspecting, managing the repairs or installing / repairing play equipment.
· Excellent administration skills.
· The ability to be on top of a high number of projects at different stages (inspections booking, inspection report viewing, scheduling work, ordering parts, scheduling labour, forward planning inspections etc.,)
· Excellent IT skills as this will mostly be a desk based role reviewing reports, scheduling and producing reports (use of excel is a must for this role) as is an organised approach to work.
· If you are / were an RPII Operational Inspector this would be an advantage.
On offer is a salary of upto £38,000 per year, Company Car or Car Allowance, Laptop, Mobile Phone and the opportunity to join a well-established market leader within this sector in what is a period of considerable growth within which there will be good career progression opportunities.
If you consider you have the above qualities and wish to apply, email your CV and covering letter to James Wallett, Operations Director - Play Services, at JWallett@tclgrp.co.uk