TCL Group understands it is their people who push the business forward every day; it is their commitment, vision and attitudes that make the company a success. It is for this reason that TCL Group prides itself on the quality of its colleagues.
We are currently seeking a Management Accountant to support our Operations Managers by ensuring that Managers receive timely, accurate and relevant information. This position is based at our Head Office in Little Eaton but travel to other sites will be required.
• To produce timely and reliable management information reports including variance analysis and reporting as required.
• To participate in the budget and forecasting process, including liaison with operational managers to develop budgets and monitor against actuals, investigating and providing analysis of any differences.
• Aged debt and accrued income management and review for contracts under responsibility
• To review, propose and implement change processes for systems and processes.
• To support the wider finance and operational team to resolve issues on a timely basis as required.
• To liaise effectively with other areas of the business.
• To participate in any training considered necessary to carry out duties associated with their employment.
• To ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to protect the health, safety and welfare of yourself and all other fellow employees and any other person that you come into contact with at work.
• To undertake such other duties as reasonably requested of a similar responsibility level that may be allocated to the post.
Key Performance Objectives
• Production of accurate, on time management accounts
• Build strong, positive relationship with Operations to aid delivery of financial targets
• Maintaining and improving control of all financial matters within the scope of the role
• Contributing to the actions/initiatives included within the regional profit and loss forecasts
Knowledge and Skills
• Part-qualified or newly qualified with management accounting experience, ideally in a service based business.
• Experienced in producing management accounts and reviewing with operations managers
• Experience of forecasting and budgeting, working with operations managers
• Proven ability and sound understanding of accounting principles.
• Ability to detail and present information succinctly up to Senior Management
• Good IT skills including advanced excel and data manipulation
• Self starter able to “hit the ground running”
• Focussed on delivering objectives and deadline driven.
• Ability to organise and manage a demanding workload.
• Full driving licence preferred/essential due to location, prepared to travel to sites
• Professional attitude
• High level of enthusiasm
• An approachable personality
• Strong relationship building and communication skills, strength of character to be seen to supporting Operational managers as well as providing adequate levels of challenge to forecasts and financial performance
The above duties are not exhaustive, and the company may require the job holder to undertake additional duties in line with the role.
If you are interested in this role and feel that you have necessary skills, please email a copy of your CV along with a covering letter to Lawrence Yeomans, Finance Director at LYeomans@gburley.co.uk