SEGRO - Slough Trading Estate
Grounds Maintenance and Tree works to Slough Trading Estate which is the largest trading estate in Europe consisting of over 600 office, industrial and retail units.
Planned works covered by the contract include:
- Grass cutting (fortnightly and weekly)
- Maintenance of shrub beds and planted areas
- Supply, installation and maintenance of seasonal bedding displays
- Daily litter collection and bin emptying
- Hedge cutting
- Environmental meadow management
- A reactive (day-work) service
- Arb maintenance work
- Landscape installation and aftercare
The contract is operated from a local depot facility in Slough.
Burleys service this contract with 10 Core staff which includes supporting an apprentice who attends Berkshire College of Agriculture, studying Amenity Horticulture Level 3.
Vehicles and Machinery
The SEGRO contract has a fleet of works vehicles and specialist grounds maintenance equipment including:
- Various ride-on and rotary mowers
- Road sweeper
- Full range of mechanical hand-tools
- A fleet of various types of Ford Transit and Electric vehicles.
Social Value/ Community Focus
As part of our commitment to SEGRO we undertake several ‘day of giving’ venues each year, where we provide staff and materials to local CSR projects.
As part of our contract extension process, we undertook a dialogue process with SEGRO, where we collaborated to revise elements of the contract. This allowed changes to the contract specification, increasing focus on key areas such as litter, customer engagement as well raising standards across the horticultural programme. This was all undertaken at no additional cost to the client.